Saturday, November 8, 2008

Goodnight, Sweet Prince. Michael Crichton

After hearing about Michael Crichton's death on November 4th I stopped paying attention the election and focused on the death of a great man. While the world was worried about Obama vs McCain, I was worried about the passing of a fantastic author, visionary, and story teller.

Michael Crichton has written great books such as Jurassic Park, Prey, and State of Fear, which have all been regarded as very influential books in the scientific and academic communities. On a personal level the book Prey is what initially started my infatuation with computers and programing.

This article may not be long but it is my way of saying goodbye to a man who's stories have entertained me from days on end and have gotten me through some depressing train rides. May you sleep peacefully for all eternity.

RIP Michael Crichton, you will be missed.